We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
2624 El Camino Real, Ste. F
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: (760) 720-1906
Fax: (760) 720-9429
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Just South of Hwy. 78 on El Camino Real
• Keep your hummingbird feeders filled and clean. We have hummingbirds year round. We are lucky!
• Peak of southward migration. Birds heading south include: Black-headed Grosbeaks, Green-tailed Towhees, Song Sparrows and Lincoln and Chipping Sparrows.
* White-crowned sparrows arrive
• Watch for Sandhill Cranes heading toward the Bosque del Apache in New Mexico where they overwinter.
• Mixed weather, ranging from hot, dry Santa Ana winds to cool, crisp, damp days and evenings with occasional showers.
• Elephant Seals appear on the CA coast north of Hearst Castle.
• Geese and ducks begin arriving throughout the region.
• Earliest appearance of Pine Siskin at coastal feeders
• Yellow-rumped Warblers are returning.
• Peak of fall warbler migration
• First Northern Flickers arrive.
• Sandhill Cranes arrive in CA at Salton Sea and Carrizo Plain.
• Orionids meteor shower is late-October.