We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
2624 El Camino Real, Ste. F
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Phone: (760) 720-1906
Fax: (760) 720-9429
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Just South of Hwy. 78 on El Camino Real
• Moving water is a real magnet for some non-seed eating migrants.
• Listen for unusual bird calls as a clue to find different birds visiting your backyard.
• Orioles and grosbeaks are nesting. Keep your feeders full.
• House Finches young are fledging.
• Most American Goldfinches are moving to higher elevations to breed.
• Peak breeding season for Anna’s and Allen’s Hummingbirds.
• Calliope Hummingbirds arrive in the high mountains.
• Costa’s and (occasional) Black-chinned Hummingbird breeding season on the coast.
• Most shorebirds are gone; the last of the Willets leave.
• Avocet and Black-necked Stilts are nesting in coastal wetlands.
• Least Terns arrive at their selected beach nesting sites.
• Mockingbird singing fades as pairs form.
• Eta Aquarids meteor shower is early-May.
• International Migratory Bird Day is mid-May.