- Watch for an increasing number of juncos on the ground beneath your seed feeders.
- Provide a blend with enough white millet to satisfy the increase in ground feeding birds like towhees and juncos.
- Duck and geese numbers peak throughout the state.
- Watch for flocks of Cedar Waxwings.
- Feeder activity increases as weather cools and rains arrive.
- Surf Scoter flocks form behind surf zone. Keep scopes handy to look for Black and White-winged Scoters.
- Rafts of Western Grebes form behind surf zone. You'll need scopes to look for Clark’s Grebes.
- Geminid Meteor Shower is mid-month.